Barking and District Historical Society

Go to content

Main menu


Pictures > Churches > St. Margaret's

St. Margaret's Church, Barking. The present building mainly dates from the 1200s. The last major addition was the Church Centre by K.C. White & Partners  in 1991.

Interior view of St. Margaret's Church showing the Georgian plastered ceilings of the nave and chancel, dating from 1770-1771. This was paid for by Sir Bamber Gascoyne who thought the church should be as pretty as his own house, Bifrons.

Back to content | Back to main menu