Barking and District Historical Society

Go to content

Main menu

Public Offices

Pictures > Barking > Barking L-R

This building was designed by Charles J. Dawson and constructed 1893-1894. It originally housed the Public Offices and Free Library. It served as a Magistrates' Court, but is now closed. Pevsner descibes  it as "A jolly, Flemish Renaissance design in brick with warm terracotta and stone dressings, much carved and decorated". Was the design inspired by Eastbury House?

Back to content | Back to main menu